WACOG Weatherization provides cost effective, energy saving weatherization services to low-moderate income families throughout Region IV OF Arizona these location areas consist of Yuma, La Paz and Mohave Counties. The Weatherization program goal is lower the high cost of utility bills enabling clients to use the savings on other needs that occur in the home.
These are free services for qualified applicants. Qualification is based on household gross annual income in relation to occupancy. This relation of occupancy is based on all household members that receive income and living in the home.
WACOG weatherization staff will perform a comprehensive energy audit on your home that includes a complete health and safety diagnostics of your combustion appliances (HVAC, water heater, range) and a pressure diagnostics / pressure balance test. Depending upon the test data obtained and funding availability, some or all of the services listed below may be provided. All measures must be cost effective as determined by the test data and guidelines set forth by the Department of Energy.
- Water heater repair or replacement if applicable
- Refrigerator repair or replacement if applicable
- Duct sealing of forced air duct systems
- Repair or replacement of gas range if applicable
- Replacement or service of evaporative cooler if applicable
- Repair of broken glass when applicable
- Air sealing including weather-stripping and caulking if applicable
- HVAC repair or replacement if applicable
- Insulate or increase insulation of attic and/or floor if applicable
For more information please contact:
WACOG Weatherization Department:(928)-782-1886
Current waiting list status
Yuma County – open (928)217-7169
La Paz County – open (928)782-1886
Mohave County – open (928)753-6247