Individual Financial Capabilities, Fair Housing
and Prepurchase Counseling
WACOG is proud to offer individualized counseling or coaching at any stage in your financial life. Whether you’re planning to buy a car, saving for college, trying to reduce debt or saving for house…whatever your financial goals, we can help. Our trained advisors provide free budget and debt counseling to those who need help with budgeting, money management skills, and credit issues. Our counselors take the time to thoroughly understand your situation and provide you with specific advice.
You and your personal credit counselor will work together to:
- Assess your current financial situation
- Develop a realistic spending plan
- Establish achievable financial goals
- Create a personal action plan for success
Through individual pre-purchase counseling, coaching and education, we can help you get on the path to meet your financial goals, which may include homeownership, and answer questions like:
- What does my credit score need to be in order to qualify for a home loan?
- What is the best way to shop for a home loan?
- What should my mortgage payment be in relation to my monthly income?
- Are there hidden costs to homeownership that I should know about?
Becoming a homeowner is an exciting and rewarding undertaking but the financial commitments extend beyond your new monthly mortgage payment. As part of your session, your counselor will explain the full costs of homeownership and help you create a budget that balances your new obligations. Your counselor will also highlight available resources that may be useful in meeting your financial needs. We can help you make educated decisions and a smart, affordable purchase.
For more information, or to make an appointment, contact:
In Yuma or La Paz Counties: Sherri Tate: (928) 217-7161 (email@example.com)
In Yuma or La Paz Counties, Spanish: Regina Gonzalez (928) 217-7160 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
In Mohave County: Joyce Lucero (928) 377-1058 (email@example.com)